This introductory one-day course, developed by Dr Marion Gluck, will give you a unique opportunity to understand the role of hormones and how you can use bioidentical hormones in your practice. The course will cover how to use BHRT to treat and manage a number of common female conditions, including premenstrual syndrome (PMS), perimenopause and menopause.
The course is designed to provide an introduction to bio-identical hormone therapy using the proven ‘Marion Gluck Method’ and will enable you as a medical practitioner to offer your patients a personalised approach to balancing hormones. During this initial course you will also learn about the compounding process for bio-identical hormones, the different forms they come in and how they should be applied by your patients.
Ongoing post-course support is included as part of the course fee and will offer expert help with your patient case studies, helping you to feel confident and supported in offering this therapy to your patients.
After the course you will have increased confidence in:
- Understanding the role and benefits of hormones: progesterone, oestrogen, testosterone, DHEA and vitamin D
- Understanding the difference between BHRT and HRT
- Understanding the menstrual cycle and steroid pathway
- Reading and interpreting a hormone profile to support the diagnosis of common conditions
- Diagnosing and treating premenstrual syndrome (PMS), perimenopause and menopause using oestrogen and progesterone
- Building bio-identical hormone therapy into your existing practice
Please note this course will equip you with protocols to treat the common conditions outlined, using the hormones listed. Subject to your background and expertise, it is recommended not to treat patients outside of the scope of the course and refer as appropriate.
It is recommended to complete Course 2 after you have completed Course 1 to further develop your knowledge and scope of treatment.