Learn how to restore health and vitality in your patients
15th March 2024| Royal Society of Medicine, London
CPD accredited for 6 points
This one-day training, exclusive to Specialist Pharmacy, will give you a deep understanding of how integral medicine can help you to fully support and meet the needs of your patients to restore optimal health. The training will provide you with an overview of integral medicine and explain the biochemical layer and the role of nutrition which underlies so much of today’s diseases. Book today and take advantage of the early bird special of £299. After 31st January 2024, the ticket price will rise to £349.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how nutrition can reverse and prevent many common health conditions and serious diseases such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, dementia, PMS, menopause, thyroid, osteoporosis, depression and insomnia
- Identify and treat core underlying imbalances in fundamental processes including glycation, lipidation, oxidation, methylation that underlie these conditions, and restore balance using nutritional therapy
- Explore the role genetics and modifiable factors play in diseases from cancers to dementia
- Learn which are the best biochemical assays for nutritional assessment
- Learn the fundamentals that will help you answer your patient’s nutritional questions and clarify conflicts in the field of nutrition
- Develop simple and effective diet and supplement programmes for your client’s specific conditions
- Discover the truth about supplements from vitamin C to probiotics and omega-3
- Explore low carb, ketogenic, low GL, vegan and vegetarian diets
This event is exclusive to Specialist Pharmacy clients. There are limited spaces available, to ensure you get an intimate learning and networking experience with Patrick.
Patrick Holford, the originator of nutritional therapy, is founder of the charitable Institute for Optimum Nutrition and the Food for the Brain Foundation, author of 45 best-selling books now in over 30 languages. He has spent 40 years exploring and researching an integral approach to healthcare working with and learning from leading pioneers such Dr Linus Pauling (Patron of ION), Dr Abram Hoffer and Professor David Smith.
Patrick wishes to share his knowledge with a new generation of health professionals to help inspire a revolution in medicine that addresses, and corrects, the true underlying causes of disease.
“Patrick Holford is a superb communicator and teacher and his writings and teachings are soundly based on the scientific and medical literature and very much at the forefront of nutritional medicine.”
Emeritus Professor David Smith, University of Oxford
“Health guru Patrick Holford addresses the true causes of illness. Holford may be regarded as being outside the mainstream, but increasingly his approach is being fostered in conventional medicine.”
“Patrick Holford offers the most informative, easy to read, cutting edge alternative information you can trust.”
- 09:00 Registration
- 09:30 Principles of Integral Medicine
- 10:00 Glycation How to balance blood sugar, lose weight and reverse diabetes
- 10:45 Lipidation EFAs, phospholipids and vitamin D
- 11.50 Methylation Alzheimer’s, homocysteine
- 12:40 Oxidation antioxidants and polyphenols
- 13:00 Hydration
- 14:15 Digestion Enzymes, probiotics and fibre. Bloating, indigestion, gut infections, inflammation, food allergies and intolerances, depression, anxiety, insomnia
- 16:00 Communication Hormones, neurotransmitters, cytokines and inflammation. DUTCH testing, osteoporosis, immune system PMS, menopause, thyroid, osteoporosis, infections, cancer
- 17:00 Finish
n.b. timings are approximate
Venue: The Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 0AE
Date: 15th March 2024
Registration: 9.00 am